Effective Date: 25th May, 2018
- The ways we collect personal data about you and why we do so
- How we use your personal data, and
- The choices you have about your personal data.
If you have questions about data protection, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal data, we encourage you to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
THE DATA WE COLLECT
Data you provide us.
- Contact information (such as name and email address)
- Name and password
- Profile information (such as profile photo)
- Any information you choose to post about yourself and your art
- Mailing and/or physical address for shipping products or artwork
- Your messages to the Service (such as chat logs, feedback forms)
- Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account)
Data we collect automatically.
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI)
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies (see more below)
- The site or the most recent sites from which you linked
- The pages viewed on our site
- The date and time of your visit
- General location data
Data we collect from our partners.
- Data we receive if you link a third party tool with the Service (such as Facebook, Constant Contact, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Paypal or Google)
- Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address)
- Data from platforms that AFC websites are hosted on (such as to verify payment)
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can provide you a better Service
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
To make the Service work. We process data necessary to
- Create accounts and allow you to use our Service
- Operate the Service
- Verify and confirm payments
- Provide and deliver products and services you request
- Send you Service-related communications
- To make the Service more suitable for all users.
To provide an ever improving Service, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process necessary data to:
- Update and develop artist profiles
- Develop and improve the Service and visitor experience
- Manage our relationship with you
- Provide social features as part of the Service
- Customize your Service experience
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide support
- Provide you offers in the Service as well as in other websites and services, and by email
- Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages
To show personalized advertisements. To show you personalized advertisements in the Service as well as in other websites and services (including email) we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to:
- Track the content you access in connection with the Service and your online behavior
- Deliver, target and improve our advertising and the Service
- For information on how to opt-out from personalized advertisements, see section 'Your rights and options' below.
With your consent. With your consent, we may process your data for additional purposes, such as using your GPS location to show you local events.
WHO CAN SEE YOUR DATA
Apart from AFC, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations:
- Partners Working for AFC. AFC has partners to perform services for us. These partners process your data only at and according to AFC´s instructions to provide the Service, such as hosting, advertising, analytics and fraud prevention.
- Other companies and public authorities. In order to combat fraud and illegal activity, we may exchange data with other companies and organizations and provide it to public authorities in response to lawful requests. AFC may disclose your data based on your consent, to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of us or others.
- Advertising and Social Media partners. The Service includes features from our partners, such as social media interaction tools. These partners may access your data and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Our Service is global by nature and your data can therefore be transferred to anywhere in the world. Because different countries may have different data protection laws than your own country, we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your data as explained in this Policy.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
- Opt-out of marketing emails and other direct marketing. You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications, such as marketing emails from us by following the instructions in such communications.
- Access the personal data we hold about you. If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.
- Your other rights. You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can always withdraw your consent, for example by turning off GPS location sharing in your mobile device settings.
- We will endeavor to respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you may contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic Area for unresolved complaints.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
- Security Safeguards. We are regularly developing and implementing administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration.
- Data retention. We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Service. Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.